Seasonal Advice – Keep your dogs away from acorns (from the Oak Tree) & conkers (from the Horse Chestnut Tree)
Conkers: Signs of poisoning usually appear within one to six hours.
Clinical signs are drooling, excessive drinking, vomiting, diarrhoea and abdominal pain, difficulty breathing.
Acorns: Acorns are highly toxic for pets and can easily be eaten.
They are most dangerous before they ripen, when they are still green. Signs include vomiting, diarrhoea, abdominal pain, loss of appetite and lethargy.
Speak to us immediately should you have any worries about either of these.
The most consistent signs of dermatitis are scratching and reddening of the skin
Now that spring is here, it might be a good time to go over a few items on our spring safety check list for your pets
Puppy parties were jam packed here is Doris, Khalissi, Molly & Billy all having lots of fun