Our newest Star of the Week is Leo
Leo is a beautiful 3 year old who visited us for dental surgery. Leo had to have a general anaesthetic to remove a fractured upper left canine.
Leo was a pleasure to have in and recovered well from his anaesthetic and dental surgery.
Everyone at Avon Lodge wishes him a speedy recovery.
Why are dentals so important?
1. A pet with healthy teeth equals a pet with better fresher breath!
2. Dental disease can actually lead to problems with your pet’s organs, such as the heart and kidneys.
3. Caring for your pet’s teeth can prevent other health problems, saving you lots of money over the long term!
4. Did you know that 4 out of 5 dogs over the age of 3 years have some sort of periodontal disease? It can be caused by the build up of plaque, so it’s important to go in for regular dental checkups and cleanings.
5. Pets that don’t get dental care can painfully lose their teeth – this can be very painful and cause serious health problems.
6. Your pets are very good at hiding pain – you might never know that your pet has a serious dental problem until it’s very advanced. This is yet another reason it’s important to take your pet in for regular dental checkups.
A very Merry Christmas to all our loyal clients and their pets
Dancer was brought in when he had been rejected by his Mum
Keep your dogs away from acorns & conkers